ROLE IN MILE:
VM is the national coordinator for the Austrian partnership group, organizing and managing all project’s actions and associated organisations in Innsbruck and in the country. VM is also responsible for the Work Integration activities.
Verein Multikulturell – Tyrolean Integration Centre – is a non-governmental organisation founded in 1993, aiming at enhancing intercultural dialogue and education. The organisation’s main objectives are to promote professional, social and cultural integration of migrants, being engaged thus in a number of activities and offer a variety of services, including:
- Multilingual education and career guidance for young migrants and their parents
- Media workstation (radio, film, photography and creative writing workshops)
- Job application training and interview coaching
- Multilingual family counselling and psychotherapy
- Language and computer classes for adults and youngsters
- Intercultural/ diversity seminars and training courses
- International EU projects (VET, multilingual education, adult learning, multimedia specifically making films and radio shows)
- Organisation of cultural events
The organization promotes the development of social and professional skills of migrants and refugees in collaboration with the Government and other State institutions like the Chamber of Commerce, job centers, schools as well as social organizations and societies.